How to strategically allocate your IP budget in Asia – A Talk Before The New York City Chapter Of The International Intellectual Property Society (IIPS) On 16.05.2019
I was again invited to speak before the New York City chapter of the International Intellectual Property Society (IIPS).
I talked about what is Asia, and where to file and litigate patents and trademarks. The result was a rare comparative overview, useful for strategic purposes.
You can download the slides for the talk here: IIPS NY Asia talk SE Asia 160519
Below is a video recording of my talk.
- Example: counterfeit hearing aids in Singapore
- Why Asia?
- What Changed The World Recently? T-TIP and TTP abolished.
- Singapore´s position between the USA and China
- The Asian century is about to begin
- Some geographic facts about Asia, especially about SE Asia
- SE Asia as a trade target and the Pareto Principle
- Trademark strategy in SE Asia
- Patent strategy in SE Asia
- IP value analysis for SE Asia
- World-wide IP value analysis
Selected Internet links for this talk:
- https://ustr.gov/ttip and https://ustr.gov/trade-agreements/free-trade-agreements/trans-pacific-partnership