You have surely seen Zoom online presentations where someone tried to explain a Powerpoint slide or a website, using his mouse pointer on their shared screen.
Nobody can recognize that default Windows mouse on a shared screen. The mouse pointer is just too small and it is not sticking out from the shared content.
Use this onboard feature of Windows 10 and increase the size of your mouse pointer and change the color to red.
Or to green, whatever. For many, this is the same.
Here Is How It Works
- step #1: type “mouse pointer color ” into the search box on the lower left side of your screen
- step #2: click on the “Change mouse pointer color” settings in the menu that appears after step #1
As shown here:
The following menu will appear:
I have circled in the figure above what you need to adjust:
- step #1: put the “change pointer size” to the value “5”
- step #2: click on the “color selection button”, and a colors spectrum will appear below that button
- step #3: in that colors spectrum, select the color that you want. I prefer red or green.
And here is a short video that shows you what needs to be done:
I have tried that out and it works for me on Teams and Skype.
But it does not work if I use Uberconference.com/DialPad, neither when started in the Chrome Browser nor when using the Dialpad Meetings App for Windows.
Call To Action
Change your cursor size and color and call someone online so that you find out whether this hack works with your favorite online communication program.
Please share your positive or negative result with me by sending an email to martin.schweiger (at) ip-lawyer-tools.com
Martin “Screen Share” Schweiger