Innovation Strategy – Avoid Going Bankrupt With Your New Business Idea. Public Talk at the Hygieia Gym Singapore
This talk is one of the most enthusiastic talks that I have ever given in my lifetime. My talk goes to the very core of innovation and entrepreneurship.
Core Message: As a startup, it is not about being successful. It is all about avoiding bankruptcy.
I know what I am talking about. I have seen more than 100 bankruptcies from inside. And I have seen more than 600 product ideas that did not work out. That is because I have first-hand information from my professional work as a patent attorney.
So in my talk, I will take you by the hand, I will walk you down to the morgue, and we will look at how startups die.
Here are the slides of my talk, ready for downloading: Hygieia Talk 010919
And here is the link to the slides on SlideShare: https://www.slideshare.net/MartinSchweiger/innovation-strategy-avoid-going-bankrupt-with-your-new-business-new-version
And here is my talk
- Patent Attorneys vs. General Lawyers (05:49)
- Common Myths When It Comes to Innovation (08:20)
- How a typical failure story of a start-up looks like (10:52)
- Why start-ups and new products usually fail (16:04)
- How can we improve this? The Basics For Every Business (19:00)
- How can we improve this for new products? (25:45)
- Five points that characterize a lasting business (42:54)
- Regular Problems of Failing Businesses (48:05)
- How to become a successful entrepreneur (51:20)