If you have ever wondered what an IP strategist is then this podcast would give you a good introduction into the subject matter.
Jackie´s article about how she classifies patent attorneys into six different species is a recommended read before you listen to our interview:
- the “I’m In Business for My Business” Lawyer,
- the “Patent Assembly Line” Lawyer,
- the “I’m Not Comfortable Poking the Bear THERE” Lawyer,
- the “I’m Just Not That into You” Law Firm,
- the “I’m Not Taking Instructions from Someone Else” Lawyer, and
- the “Your Business is My Business” Lawyer.
In very short words, Jackie promotes the “Your Business is My Business” lawyer species and you will hear more about this and her role as an IP strategist in the following podcast.
The following podcast is a good part of a phone talk that Jackie and I had on 13 November 2018, so there is no introduction and good-bye section provided, just jump in and listen: